Man United forward Mason Greenwood was released on bail following a private hearing over an attempted rape charge.
Greenwood was arrested on the weekend following an alleged breach of his bail terms.
Along with assault, the 21-year-old was accused of routinely using coercive and domineering behaviour.
In January, he was detained on charges related to online-posted pictures and videos.
After a private hearing at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court, the one-time capped England International was to be freed from detention.
Following his Monday appearance at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court, he had been remanded in imprisonment.
A court spokeswoman stated that bail had been allowed, with the terms that the defendant was required to live in Bowdon, Greater Machester and not communicate with any witnesses, including the plaintiff.
However, Greenwood was absent from the hearing.
According to reports, the attempted rape happened in October 2021, and all three charges have been pressed by the same woman.
Greenwood is said to have started engaging in controlling and coercive behavior since November 2018, including accessing and tracking the plaintiff’s social media profiles, and making hostile and disparaging remarks to her.
The alleged attack that caused physical injury is said to have occurred in December 2021.
The striker was banned from playing or training with the Manchester club within hours of the claims going viral in January. He was also removed from EA Sports’ FIFA game, and had his sponsorship with Nike revoked.
It remains unclear if or when Greenwood will be allowed to continue playing football, at least on a professional stage.