Sundowns Coach: “I would have loved to retain all three titles”

Jerry Tshabalala

As much as Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies walked away with the Hollywoodbets Super League title, coach Jerry Tshabalala has stated that he was not happy that his team did not manage to solidify the COSAFA Women’s League and the CAF women’s League.

The Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies coach aimed to conquer Africa once again last season, however, the odds were against him, as his side was beaten in the final of the COSAFA Cup by the Zambian side Green Buffaloes Ladies 6-5 on penalties in their back yard at the Sugar Ray Xulu Stadium.

Despite, winning the league, the Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies coach feels it was a disappointing season for his team and he feels his team will do better in the upcoming season.

“As a coach, I won’t say I am proud because I would have loved to retain all three titles but that’s the game of football. It was so unfortunate that I could not retain all of them, but I am happy for the fact that we managed to win the Hollywoodbets Super League because it is a big one for us locally, it gives us the opportunity to go back and defend the title and go and try once again in winning COSAFA and if we win COSAFA, we will get another opportunity to qualify for CAF.

“So basically, looking at it, I would say I am 40 percent happy but the other 60 percent we will have to rectify it next year,” he said at the Hollywoodbets awards.

Also Read: Gerald Sibanda : “African Football Must Develop”

Jerry Tshabalala, Sundowns Ladies coach
Jerry Tshabalala