Brazil head coach Tite has confirmed that Paris Saint Germain superstar Neymar is finally back at training and he will be available for selection when his team face South Korea for their last-16 match on Monday evening at Stadium 974, Ras Abu Aboud.
Neymar suffered an ankle injury when Brazil beat Serbia 2-0 in a Group G match two weeks ago. The 30-year-old missed two group stages matches due to injury for Brazil when they faced Switzerland and Cameroon.
Previously, Neymar has suffered many issues with his right foot and underwent surgery four years ago for a fractured metatarsal.
Tite hopes the return of Neymar comes with no limitations and that the player has the capability to play the entire match. Neymar have collected 122 caps for his national team and scored 75 goals for Brazil since he made his first appearance in August 2010 against the United States of America.
“If he plays, it’s because he is in full health and ready to start, to play from the beginning and the entire game with no limitations,” says Tite, who has been the coach of Brazil national team since 2016.
He added: “My preference is always to play my best players from the start.”
The update of his return to the starting line-up came after the team captain Thiago Silva was asked during a press conference if Neymar would be available against South Korea and Tite took the microphone and said, “yes”.
The 63-year-old said with the availability of Neymar there will be no changes in the front line from the team that started the match against Serbia, with Lucas Paqueta playing behind Neymar, Vinicius Jr, Raphinha and Richarlison.
On Saturday, Neymar posted a picture of himself on Instagram with caption that says “I feel good, I knew that I would now.”
Also Read : Former FIFA Referee Delivers Verdict on Controversial Japan Goal